spent almost 10 hours today, excluding sketching from another day.
final project for rendering class.. not done! one more piece to work on
(center console fascia of my personal car, 03 Hyundai Tiburon). size approx 14” x 22”
Finally done! I know the rims are crap but don’t hate! I can fix those later…
p.s. done with sketchbook mobile, on my phone :)
Here’s the full process of my retrofitting of a 97-00 civic sedan mugen lip, to my tiburon.
It took nearly a year (factor in college, winter season and inability to work inside the house) and countless hours of free-handed test fitting and body filling and sanding and all the fancy stuff until painting. At first I was going to leave it plastidipped red, then thought about clearing the dip over, and as I was painting my homemade fiberglass eyelids i decided why not, with my spray gun and leftover paint match.
Because i already knew there were great chances of me scraping it off my driveway (thankfully it doesnt!) I did not care about the end product whether the paint finish was great, whatever, it was way overdue to be finished and finished it is.
Basically, the photos explain how i did it all, chop>fiberglass>body filler>paint>install.
This is not the only lip i will have, i am currently awaiting time to start on my new one, 100% from scratch. Stay tuned :)
After one and half year, second attempt, its finally on. I wrapped it rather than paint matching it because in case it flies off the car…lol. Second of all I plan to make a third one which will be a lot better fitting and hopefully will take less time making.
For those of you that don’t know, I made this from scratch. Process photos soon!
So, i have probably actually traced ANY sort of drawings less than 10x in my entire life, because I am strictly freehanded and that’s just the way my mind works. Lately whenever I want to draw a car out of boredom, they literally turn out as if i had dyslexia (excuse me i mean no harm to those who have dyslexia). Perspective and proportion took extreme amount of effort & time to get it right, but so far by making multiple mistakes continuously I haven’t improved.
This Nissan 350Z was a mere perspective + rendering practice, until I get a good idea of perspective stuck in my head again.
Here’s what I did (pretty self-explanatory with process photos); Traced out an ordinary 350z, BUT I did what I always love to do and that is; being creative.
Instead of tracing the whole car, I decided to add a bit of my own taste (what i was born to do), and there were no references used in such parts (bumpers/sideskirts/widebody kit/headlights/rims & spoiler), these were straight from my imagination.
Total time spent today est: 4 hours straight.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this as much as i do looking at my end result.
I… am finally done. At long last. This is one of my first digital renderings I have ever completed, as I believe I am still learning how to render. I guarantee you that this was all freehanded (except parts of the wheels) and based off of my own car.
This design, is my own design, for my 2003 Hyundai Tiburon. You may think that this is only a rendering, but no I do plan on creating the whole kit (hopefully not all by hand), and I have started already :)
Here’s the list of parts as shown in rendering;
-spoiler (might be difficult to make but well see later on
-Widebody fenders/flares (bolted/molded on)
-Headlight lenses (the 03-04 models have these weird “bubbles” on the lenses which i dislike, so I am going to improvise and experiment by creating my own 05-06 (flat) style plexiglas/lexan lenses.
-Rear diffuser (not shown!)
I am most happy with this now that ive finally completed it, and now the fun part begins..